Good morning. We are now in the book of Colossians.
Paraphrasing Paul's prayer for the Colossians: I give thanks to God, the Father
of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you Rani, since I heard of your
faith in Christ Jesus and the love what you have for all the saints; because of
the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word
of truth, the gospel - that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in
all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you may walk in a manner worthy
of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work
and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to
His glorious might, for the obtaining of all steadfastness and patience. That
is my prayer for you. Why should we go to church and read the Bible every day -
How can we know His will if we don't? And if we don't know His will, how can we
walk in a manner worthy of the Lord? And if we don't work walk in a manner
worthy of the Lord, then we will not please Him, and we won't be doing good
works, much less bearing fruit in them; We also won't be increasing in our
knowledge of Him nor be strengthened with His power. That is why we go to
church and read our Bible and pray every day - so we will grow, grow, grow. May
this be your best year ever!
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment