Good morning. Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also
raise us up through His power. It’s one thing for God to raise His Son from the
dead (which is understandable); but it’s so much more that He would raise us
from the dead. We are not just an afterthought. Since our bodies are to be
raised from the dead, we should keep ourselves in holiness. Do you not know
that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of
Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! Our complete
selves (spirit, soul, and body) belong to God. The one who joins himself to the
Lord is one spirit with Him. Paul then urges us to - flee immorality. You
cannot cozy up next to it and expect to remain victorious. Every other sin that
a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own
body. The next verse, which we will look at next time, expands on what this
means. Father thank You that we are one spirit with You. Help us to keep our
eyes on Your desires and not on ours.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment