Good morning. I hope you
have a great time with your family today. He causes His sun to rise on the evil
and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Many times
Christians and non-Christians ask: “how can a loving God allow bad things to
happen to good people?” They should also ask the companion question: “how can a
just God allow good things to happen to evil people?” Good or bad things
happening to you does not depend on whether you are a good or a bad person.
Good happens to both; and bad happens to both. Sometimes, however, God
intervenes in the situation. He either prevents the bad or at least helps a
good person in a bad situation. He can also turn a good thing into a bad
situation for a bad person. Why doesn't He do it all the time? There is no
universal one size fits all answer. I remember a tape of Kenneth Hagan that I
listened to. He had prayed for a relative to be healed so that he would not
have to have an operation. In the end the man had to have the operation despite
his prayer. Hagan asked God why wasn't he healed? God replied “that's between
him and Me – it's none of your business.” Hagan went on: “unless God gives me a
revelation about a specific situation, I don't know why a person is not
healed.” Continuing with Matthew: for if you love those who love you, what
reward have you? Do not even the tax gatherers do the same? Therefore you are
to be perfect, as your Heavenly Father is perfect. Father thank You that You
send Your good upon the reader. You help him/her in all situations to be
victorious. You help him/her to be perfect, even as You are.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment