Good morning. Now some
pretty strong words. Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord”, will enter the
kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.
There are a lot of people who claim to be Christians, but they do not act
according to what is written in the Bible. You've heard the old saying – “just
because you are in a garage, does not make you a car; and just because you are
in a church building does not make you a Christian”. But it gets even stronger.
Many will say to Me on that day, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,
and in Your name cast out demons; and in Your name perform many miracles?” (One
would think that they would certainly enter the kingdom of heaven). Here is why
they won't: and then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from Me
you who practice lawlessness. A key thought: everyone who hears these words of
Mine and acts upon them may be compared to a wise man, who built his house upon
the rock. And you know about it standing despite the flood coming. And the ones
who hear His words and do not act upon them will be like the foolish man who
built his house upon the sand, and the flood destroyed it. If we want to stand
in the time of storm, we must build our house upon the rock of His word. Father
thank You that the reader builds her house upon the rock of Your word. He/she
not only hears Your word – he/she lives it.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment