Good morning. So why are we to be transformed by the
renewing of our minds? So that we may prove what the will of God is, that which
is good and acceptable and perfect. This transformation of us is God’s will,
and it is good; it is acceptable; and it is perfect. That is the meaning of
this verse in context. I have said before that I do not like the term
“permissive” will of God. I understand what is meant by it, but I disagree with
the use of the term. There needs to be a different way of designating this concept
(perhaps: permissive boundaries of God). God has only one will (desire); and it
is perfect. Again, in context it is not necessarily talking about God’s will in
general; but only in our transformation. Got any uppity friends? For through
the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of
himself then he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as
God has allotted to each a measure of faith. When God is using you and it seems
that you have a high level of faith, it is very hard to be humble. Always
remember – God spoke through a donkey. Father thank You that Your will for us
is good, acceptable, and like You, perfect.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment