Good morning. We were with Jesus washing the disciples’
feet. He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He had said, not
all of you are clean. Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher
and Lord; and you are right, or so I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher
washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. I gave you an
example that you should also do as I did to you. A slave is not greater than
his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. In other
words, if Jesus did it, we should not think it beneath ourselves to do it to
our brethren. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them. I do
not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the
Scripture may be fulfilled, he who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against
Me. If we knew that someone was going to betray us, we would not allow them to
be with us, much less eat our food. From now on I am telling you before it
comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He. He who
receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who
sent Me. Father be with the reader today. Help him/her to trust in You. Give him/her
peace.
Merry Christmas!
Good morning, and Merry Christmas! We are going to digress and look at the first Christmas. This was something that had been foretold centuries before; and yet people still did not understand what was going to happen. They were thinking that the Messiah was going to come as an adult and was going to re-establish the nation of Israel above all other nations. They were not expecting Him to come as a baby, supposedly born to a carpenter and placed in a manger. Many things had to happen at precisely the right time. You had to have the right person to be His mother and the right person to be His supposed father. You had to have a reason for them to be in Bethlehem on the night He was born – the census. It had to be when shepherds would be in the field near Bethlehem watching their flocks. And just at the right time – an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before the shepherds, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. And the angel said to them...
Comments
Post a Comment