Good morning. After what Jesus said
last time, they tried to seize Him, but He slipped away again. He went away
again beyond the Jordan to the place where John was first baptizing, and He was
staying there. As we said before, there were two places where scholars thought
this was located. However from the things I’ve said before in the other Gospels
and the fact that Palm Sunday happened shortly after this, I believe that this
was the one near Jericho. So as far as the crow flies, this was not too many miles
from where Mary, Martha, and Lazarus lived. Lazarus was sick, and Mary and
Martha sent to Jesus telling Him “he whom You love is sick”. And so Jesus began bawling and
squalling and saying “oh how terrible”. That’s the RPV (revised perverted
version) of the Bible. He actually said, this sickness is not to end in death,
but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it. Our
reaction would’ve been the first one. The next statement seems strange to us.
Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus; so when He heard that he was
sick, He then stayed two days longer in the place where He was. If that had
been us, we would’ve left immediately to go heal Lazarus. Then Jesus said, let
us go to Judea again. His disciples were concerned because the Jews had just
been trying to stone Him there. Are there not 12 hours in the day? If anyone
walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.
But if anyone walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.
Father thank You that You know what is best even when things look bad. Help us
to trust in You during those times that everything will turn out for the best.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment