Good morning. Why are we also in danger every hour? And then a
very familiar verse: I affirm by the boasting in you which I have in Christ
Jesus our Lord, I die daily. Of course he does not mean that every day he died.
However, in the book of Acts we see many times that he faced situations in
which he could have been killed. If from human motives I fought with wild
beasts at Ephesus, what does it profit me? Was he talking about fighting with
literal or figurative wild beasts? And then a statement that is the philosophy
of most people of the world: if the dead are not raised, let us eat and drink,
for tomorrow we die. If the dead are not raised, then this is it; who cares
whether we do the right thing or not? And then a warning which too many
Christians do not heed: do not be deceived - Bad company corrupts good morals.
That is so true! While we cannot avoid the people of the world, they should not
be our BFFs. There are many anecdotes, including myself, where spending time
with an unbeliever leads to their coming to Christ. However there are many more
anecdotes where believers’ association with unbelievers led to the believers
sacrificing their moral beliefs. Father thank You for this time of relaxation
and reflection upon what we are to be thankful for. Energize us to achieve even
more for You.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment