Good morning. So is Paul saying that we should
not speak in tongues? Now I wish that you all spoke in tongues, but even more
that you would prophesy; and greater is the one who prophesies than one speaks
in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may receive edifying.
(when one operates in the gift of tongues, he or she does not have to worry
about “is it correct, or am I using good grammar?” They simply “rear back and
let her fly“) So is Paul talking about our daily speaking in tongues using our
“prayer language“ as some call it; or is he talking about in a church service
supplying part of a message to the people? Since he mentions the “one who
prophesies”, it is probably in a church service to bring a message. What he
says next seems to amplify that idea. But now, if I come to you speaking in
tongues, what will it profit you unless I speak to you either by way of
revelation or knowledge or prophecy or of teaching? Father help this to be a
great day for the reader and help him/her to receive a word from You
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment