Good morning. I'm sure you
and your mom will enjoy it tonight. It's great that you can do something
together. This is from Psalm three. It's one of those "old" songs.
But Thou O Lord art a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I
was crying to the Lord with my voice and He answered me from His holy mountain.
I lay down and slept; I awoke for the Lord sustains me. I will not be afraid of
10,000s of people who have set themselves against me roundabout. The Lord is
our shield against anything that comes against us. He is our protector. We cry
to the Lord when we are in trouble and afflicted. He hears us and answers us
because we keep His word. Because He takes care of us, then we can lay down in
peace and sleep. We don't have to lay awake in fear of what might come upon us.
The people of the world take pills to go to sleep; but we need to take His word
before we go to sleep. We don't have to be like in Deuteronomy: when it's
evening, we wish it were morning. When it's morning we wish it were evening.
I've been through that before - afraid of the creditors calling. Father help
the reader have a wonderful day today and every day. Help him/her to sleep
peacefully every night; knowing that You are in control of everything and are a
shield about him/her to protect him/her from everything.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment