Good morning. Try to keep
dry with Collin out there. We're going to look at Psalm 17 today. And again we
have this by night God ministering to us. You have tried my heart; You have
visited me by night; You have tested me and found nothing; I have purposed that
my mouth will not transgress. God looks at our heart, not just what we do. We
can fool people, but we can't fool God. He has tested you and found nothing
wrong. He knows your heart, and that it is in the right place. You have
purposed that your mouth will not transgress God's word. You satisfy verse
five: your steps have held fast to His paths. Your feet have not slipped. Also
verse six: you have called upon Him, for He will answer you. He will incline
His ear to you and hear your speech. He will listen to you because your heart
is right. Eight: He will keep you as the apple of the eye; He will hide you in
the shadow of His wings. You are His delight. He will protect you as you keep
close to Him - in His shadow. 15: you shall behold His face in righteousness;
you will be satisfied with beholding His likeness when you awake. Every morning
when you awaken, He is right there waiting for you. Father help the reader to
be conscious of Your presence with him/her every moment of every day. Help him/her
to know that you will guide and protect him/her every moment.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment