Good morning. Back to
Peter: and coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected by men, but choice and
precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as
a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices
acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Today just like back then men reject
Jesus. All the Scriptures of the Old Testament proclaimed His coming; but as I
said before He did not come the way they were expecting. They were expecting a
coming king; but He came as a suffering servant. We have to be careful that
we're not just like them. There are a lot of people expecting things to turn
out a certain way; but what if they are wrong? We are not dead stones, but
rather living ones being built up as a spiritual house. We are a holy
priesthood that offers up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus
Christ. In the book of Revelation it is says that He has made us to be a
kingdom, priests to His God and Father. Father thank You that the reader is
being built up as part of a spiritual house; for a holy priesthood; and offers
up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment