Good morning. Act as free
men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bond
slaves of God. We are free and have liberty. But that does not mean that we can
do just any old thing and claim that it is OK. Honor all men; love the brotherhood,
fear God honor the king. Just because we are Christians and honor God does not
mean that we can dishonor those who are not Christians. This finds favor, if
for the sake of conscience toward God a man bears up under sorrow when
suffering unjustly. For what credit is there if when you sin and are harshly
treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and
suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. If you do
wrong and get in trouble, you cannot say "I'm just suffering for
Jesus". But if you do what God says and get in trouble, then you find
favor with God. For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also
suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps. He did
what was right and suffered. He did not resist nor cry out. Father thank You
that the reader obeys You continually even when it goes against the beliefs of
those around him/her. He/she is a shining example to all.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment