Good morning. We are back
to the handout sheets. I have been justified (just if I'd never sinned) –
completely forgiven and made righteous. That is the way that God looks at us,
and that is the way we should look at ourselves. However it's hard to do that
when we keep messing up. I died with Christ and died to the power of sin's rule
over my life. We are dead. Sin should have no power over us then. It only has
whatever power we allow it to have. If you have lived your whole life under the
power of sin's rule, then it is very hard to think of yourself as not being
under its rule. It's like they say about turkeys. You can tie the legs of two
turkeys together to each other. After some length of time, you can release
them. They don't try to move because in their minds they are still tied
together and can't move. That is the same way with people who have lived their
whole lives under the power of sin's rule over their lives. When they are released
from the power of sin, they don't move. That is because they think they are
still tied together to that sin. I am free forever from condemnation. Remember
that there is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. When our minds
condemn us, our hearts defend us. Father thank You for the reader. Sin has no
power over him/her, and he/she is free from condemnation. Keep him/her and his/her
family safe from all harm.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment