Good morning. I hope you
found peace yesterday. Remember that God wants us to know His will even more
than we want to know it. We are back to the handout sheets – hopefully this has
not been you at night. You keep track of every toss and turn through the
sleepless nights. Each tear entered into Your ledger each ache written in Your
book. It does not go unnoticed by Him. He even "keeps track of them".
He desires us to have sweet rest and sweet peace. Oh my God, work a miracle for
me. You can do it! Get me out of here. Your love is so great! I'm at the end of
my rope - my life is in ruins. Hopefully that does not describe your situation,
because that sounds desperate. Why does He help us? Save me through Your
wonderful love. He saves us because He loves us. What is the result? Then they
will know that Your hand is in this – that You, God have been at work. When
people see what God has done in your life, they will want to come to know Him,
so that He will do it in their lives. Then God will say to them: "you may
not know me, but I know everything about you". That is what people want –
a personal, loving God. They want someone who cares about them even when they
do not acknowledge Him as Lord. Father thank You for helping the reader in the
midst of whatever he/she's going through. Help him/her to stand firm in Your
word. Give him/her the strength and courage to do what he/she knows that he/she
has to do.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment