Good morning. We are back
in Psalm 119. Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Your law.
Too many Christians close their eyes to God's word. They do not want to know
where they are going wrong. I remember one time when this young man told my
friend and me that he did not want to hear what God said about what he was
doing. That's because he would then be accountable to do the right thing. In
other words "if I don't know it's wrong, then I can't be held accountable
for my sin". Even though princes sit and talk against me, Your servant
meditates on Your statutes. No matter who says what even those high in
authority, we should still meditate on God's word. We should not vary from it
just because everyone around us is against God's word. My soul cleaves to the
dust; revive me according to Your word. No matter how down we get, God's word
will lift us up. Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity (uh oh), and revive
me in Your ways. When we look at ourselves through our own eyes instead of
through God's word, we become vain. Establish Your word to Your servant, as
that which produces reverence for You. His word
does that. When we read what God says and what He has done, we gain
reverence for Him. Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me through Your
righteousness. Father thank You that the reader meditates day and night upon
Your word. It is his/her guide and his/her delight. He/she walks in Your
righteousness.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment