Good morning. Psalm 63: oh
God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; my soul thirst for You, my
flesh yearns for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Remember
the image of the deer panting for the water. That is the way our soul should be
towards God. The world is a dry and weary land with no water for our soul. Our
soul cannot be satisfied with things of the world. Having a bunch of things
will not take the place of God for our soul. Because Your lovingkindness is
better than life, my lips will praise You. I will bless You as long as I live.
My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness. In God our soul is totally
satisfied. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night
watches. What do we think about when we go to bed? Is it the troubles
confronting us, or is it God? We cannot still our soul when we are thinking
about the troubles besetting us. We must meditate on God. In the shadow of Your
wings I sing for joy. There are those protecting wings again. My soul clings to
You; Your right hand upholds me. He will take care of you and protect you from
all harm. Father thank You that You do take care of the reader; that his/her
soul is satisfied with You. He/she meditates on You when he/she goes to bed.
You speak to him/her in the night time. He/she knows what to do when he/she
awakens.
Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me
Good morning. Paul then gives a list of a lot of things that he has gone through as an apostle. I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. There could be many people that you listen to either in church or through the Internet or other means; but there was only one person (as a general rule it was a person) that lead you to Christ. Therefore I exhort you, be imitators of me. He was saying that just like a child imitates his or her father, they were to imitate him. He says that again seven chapters later. Since it is easy to forget some things about people we have not seen in a while, Paul says that he sent Timothy to them to remind them of his ways which are in Christ, just as he taught everywhere in every church. Some have become arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. I shall find ou...
Comments
Post a Comment